Instagram

Friday, November 8, 2013

Beautiful Portraits of My Mom Up in the Branches of a Cherry Blossom Tree

Tomorrow morning I am hopping on a flight to the Big Island of Hawaii to spend a long weekend with my mom and a couple close family friends. I haven't seen family or friends in person for 1.5 months and I am so excited! I've had some wonderful chats with my mom over the phone this week and I'm counting down the hours until I get to throw my arms around her and give her a big hug and welcome her to tropical weather (she's escaping Seattle's November). This afternoon, while daydreaming about this mini-vacation, I remembered that I still have some pretty images of my mom that I haven't blogged yet! How do we fall so far behind?! I photographed my mom back in April for her birthday. She wanted to be photographed up in the pink cherry blossom tree outside our house. She was a gymnast and she adores being outside in nature so a photo shoot in a tree was a dream come true for her. She was more relaxed than she might have been if we'd been in the studio and it really pushed me out of my comfort zone — I was taking pictures while lying on my back inside the raised bucket of a tractor (so I could be up in the branches with her!) Thanks mom for giving me this creative challenge, for trusting me to create portraits for you and for flying me over to Hawaii to spend time with you! I'm so excited to see you!

 
 

Anybody else ever been to the Big Island of Hawaii or taken portraits in a cherry tree? :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

You are awesome!