Instagram

Sunday, October 30, 2011

What is Commitment? — {+ Minnie Mouse-ness}

COMMITMENT AS DEFINED BY MIKE HORN

"WE HAVE TO COMMIT TO SOMETHING SOONER OR LATER IN YOUR LIFE."

"YOU CAN ONLY BE TRULY COMMITTED TO ANYTHING IN LIFE IF THE WILL TO WIN IS BIGGER THAN THE FEAT WE HAVE TO LOSE."

"WE ALL LIFE OUR LIVE TODAY AROUND THIS CONSTANT FEAR THAT WE HAVE OF LOSING WHAT WE THINK IS IMPORTANT TO US WHICH IS OUR CAR, OUR HOUSE, OUR FAMILY AND WE CREATE THIS COMFORT ZONE AROUND US WHERE WE JUST SUSTAIN WHAT WE HAVE...THAT IS NOT COMMITMENT THAT IS JUST SUSTAINING WHAT WE HAVE... COMMITMENT IS WHERE YOU HAVE THE WILL TO WIN AND THE FEAR TO LOSE IS THERE BUT ITS ONLY WHEN YOU UNDERSTAND THAT THE WILL TO WIN AND ACHIEVE OVERPOWERS THE FEAR THAT WE HAVE CONSTANTLY TO LOSE."

"IF YOU DO WHAT YOU LOVE DOING THE COMMITMENT IS NATURAL."

{You must firstly KNOW what you are doing what you're doing. Secondly, you must love the pressure that's on you.}

I took these quotes from Chase Jarvis' Interview with Mike Horne.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
How inspiring is that?! When I think about my photography & business with this in mind I feel so empowered. It's a challenge that asks me to step up to the plate and do it or stop. It makes me feel like it's all or nothing. I'm going to give it my all, I'm not going to half ass it. It's an amazing motivator because when I'm faced with a scary challenge it gives me that extra push that I need to act. Obviously, the challenges I'm facing are microscopic compared to what Mike Horn has been up against but I suppose it's all relative and subjective. Everyone is facing their own challenges.

Whatever challenge you're facing today I hope you can realise your will to win and let it overpower your fear! If we all do this world will start to look amazing with all of us brave humans running about accomplishing our dreams :P
xoxo
Chamonix

PS: The times went back today in the UK! Exciting I have a whole extra hour this morning to tackle the challenges I'm going to face today! Face your fears or that thing you've been putting off during the first hour of your morning! Don't go check your emails or turn on the news straight after waking up. Give yourself 60minutes first. Use those 60minutes to improve yourself & your relationships. If you've taken care of yourself you'll be better able to help others during the rest of the day :) For me, I woke up this morning and did a tiny bit of yoga, made soup & a berry smoothie and wrote down my business goals (I've been talking about doing that for a long time but haven't gotten around to it till now.). I also found a moment to sneak in a cheeky self-portrait — I've got my Minnie Mouse (scarf) bow today :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

You are awesome!