Instagram

Thursday, October 20, 2011

How Many Compliments?


A little girl just came into the shop where I work and she was wearing the cutest pair of tennis shoes. I didn't do it but I wanted to take a photo of those shoes. That would probably be a really creepy thing to do. Anyway, I tried to imagine how a young girl would feel if someone (like me) asked to take a photo of her shoes. Would she take it as a compliment? 

That though gave me a flashback to high school. It reminded me of how I used to be so uber aware of the compliments I received everyday. It was a sort of daily mission to receive as many compliments as possible and the day would be quite disappointing without any. I'm so happy to see how I've grown! Not only do I not obsess over compliments anymore (they're still nice though of course), I hardly look in the mirror before I leave the house. Geez I'm letting myself go - some might say. Now I'm just being dramatic. lol 

When I was in 9th grade I actually set a goal for myself that I would never wear the same outfit twice. I think I heard somewhere that the queen never wears an outfit twice. May that was my inspiration. Maybe it was just a way of forcing myself to be creative?

xoxo
Chamonix

No comments:

Post a Comment

You are awesome!