Instagram

Thursday, October 27, 2011

Craving to Create

Hello :) I cleaned out kitchen this morning — which is much worse than it sounds! It took two hours or elbow grease grossness :P bleh. Anyway, you don't want to hear that. On a more positive note I've been feeling so inspired to break out and do a big creative project. I'm feeling a craving to create but I also feel like my forehead is leaning into a big heavy wall that's pressing back. I guess it's the classic writers block. I really want to do a project that has a meaningful message about something I care about. I like the idea of using photos as activism. One of the issues I care about most is vegetarianism / treatment of animals etc... How to portray that in photos? How to send a message out there with my camera? ah! I don't know. Makes my head hurt at the moment.

I've decided to embark on a portrait project though. I'm aiming to take 1000 portraits of people that I mean on the street - strangers. I suppose most of them will be taken in St. Andrews & Edinburgh but who knows where I'll be going before the project finishes. I like the idea of eventually printing them out into a book but I'm not going to get ahead of myself just yet. :)

I've also completely overdosed on dates, bagels and peanut-butter this week. Oh and popcorn too. Right, time to take a shower.

xoxo
Chamonix

PS: Here's some cool stuff for you to check out....



No comments:

Post a Comment

You are awesome!