Instagram

Saturday, August 17, 2013

The Hunt for Our Future

Miggy and I have been on job websites for days. We've been sitting in the forest, talking in the car, staying awake late into the night. What are we going to do? We've been wrestling with possibilities and exhausted with the stress that comes with making big decisions. 

We've spent multiple summers/years living in our parents homes and we are feeling the itch to get out into the world and spread out young adult wings. We are tired of counting pennies when we go grocery shopping. We dream of having date nights that require more formal attire and being able to visit our friends around the world. Miggy wants dogs. I want to buy organic vegetables (lots of them!...from the farmer's market). I long for peace of mind — no longer having to worry about being able to pay the bills next month and not having to use credit cards. I don't have any debt right now but any minute a bill might arrive that might force me to swipe the card. 

Anywho, I love being home in my Snoqualmie valley, with my beautiful baby vegetable garden, a FREE big photography studio, a FREE bedroom, and lots of shared food BUT we're starting to feel that itch to move on. Our criteria is sunny weather for Migs, warm weather for me, we like being near the water, we'd enjoy having a place of our own, space for me to grow vegetables (pots will suffice for the time being), and steady paychecks that pay bills and make future dreams come true and sparkly. It's such a rough decision, especially the idea of leaving behind loved ones and awesome teammates, but we've reached the end of the sidewalk and we've got to jump somewhere.

We're thinking California & Hawaii. Any suggestions my friends?

No comments:

Post a Comment

You are awesome!