Instagram

Friday, January 20, 2012

Freezing Edinburgh E-Session {A+L}

Annie & Luke met when they were students at Stirling University. Friends first, it was a few years before romance jumped on to the scene. Now that it's here, it couldn't be more clear that beneath their relationship is a strong foundation of friendship—they seemed to gravitate towards one another, laughing and finding comfort in each other's company. It was so lovely to watch them chatting away and playfully teasing each other while I snapped photo after photo.
When we first spoke (last summer), Annie had warned me that they were slightly camera shy and possibly the least photogenic couple in the world. Now that I've seen them in front of my camera I can confidently say that I completely disagree! 

They were so cute together and despite the biting cold that made them want to keep their hands in their pockets they kept big happy grins on their faces the whole time. They were troopers in the -5 degree Edinburgh morning. I'm still impressed that they were willing to sit on a bench covered in thick frost!


I brought along chalk to draw hearts for them to blow to each other! I was afraid a security camera would catch me drawing on the Archive of Scottish History's front pillars but we made it out alive and undetected!




 After about an hour and half we couldn't take the cold anymore so we ran into the Princes Street Starbucks. Turns out Annie & Luke are coffee fans too so everybody else was as excited as I was for a trip to the world's best coffee house (yes I know I'm biased because I'm from Seattle).  


I also had the chance to work with a second shooter - Dave of Photography by Dave. I'd never actually worked with a second shooter before so that was quite exciting. It was really nice to be able to stop and chat with Annie & Luke knowing that somebody was still catching all the special moments during the conversation. It also meant I was able to change my lenses around without having to make my wonderful models wait for me. 

Annie & Luke's wedding will be on the 8th September 2012 at the Royal Scots Club in Edinburgh. I'm very sad that I won't be able to join them because I'm already booked on that day shooting Louise & Mike's wedding in St. Andrews. Thankfully they've found another photographer to work with and they'll get to take photos in the Queen Street Gardens — which should be lovely! So even though I can't be there at their wedding, I'm so super glad that I got to spend a freezing January morning with them in Edinburgh because they are two very lovely people. Did I mention they like dogs and they have a cat named Izzy (sp?) — that means I get to like them even more!! When it came to sorting through their photos I found myself wanting to turn every single one black & white. I haven't figured out why that is but something about these two looks so good to me in when they're in B&W. I love it! I especially love Annie's chequered coat in B&W! 

Can't get enough of Annie & Luke's smiley faces? Please feel free to watch their slideshow below!



Congratulations Annie & Luke!
I loved working with you both :) I can't wait to see your wedding day photos!
xoxo
Chamonix

No comments:

Post a Comment

You are awesome!