Instagram

Monday, April 29, 2013

Photography Tips :: Angles, Angles, Angles — Shoot at Eye Level

If you're looking for a way to instantly make your photos stand out from the crowd, bend your knees, climb on chairs and lie on the ground. Do whatever it takes to get your lens eye-level with your subject. Eye-level is my favourite shooting angle and it has the potential to take your image to the next level of awesomeness. Seriously.  Check this out.

I photographed my friend Alena's cute yellow shoes last weekend. Which image do you prefer? 

Photo A) I'm standing up normally and looking down at her feet.

Photo B) I'm squatting and still looking slightly down.

Photo C) I'm squishing my face against the pavement. 

Ask yourself what your primary subject/focus is. Get eye level to that. When I'm shooting portraits, my focus is the woman's eyes so I'm approx. eye-level with her eyes. Duh, right! When I'm shooting a child, I will spend the whole shoot on my knees so I can be at their eye level. A flower on the ground would make me lie down. You get the idea. 

Go experiment for yourself & have fun! :D And remember, don't let that fear of looking silly  stop you from getting the shot!

No comments:

Post a Comment

You are awesome!