Instagram

Monday, April 15, 2013

Before & After Editing :: Akari Beauty Shot with "Adobe Photoshop CS6" + "Alien Skin Exposure 4"

Zooming down I-5 and I was struck with inspiration! I want to photograph the pink cherry blossoms! 

"You better make it happen FAST because they'll be gone in a week," said Cheryl - I scheduled the shoot for the next weekend. Hanna Mazur did hair & makeup as we watched the rain slash down against the windows. At the UW, we hopped over puddles of hail. We turned the corner to the quad, I was so excited to see the orchard of pink BUT...it was brown and drench. No blossoms. As the thunder boomed overhead, the lightening flashed and our team ran for cover in a stairwell. 

"Make it happen people! Remember, we're hardcore!" Cheryl and I took turns shooting our two models for this "spring time" senior girls portraits photo shoot. We shot in the stairwell using the red brick & pink stone walls. I attempted backlighting the girls through sheer pink fabric — final results of that experiment weren't that impressive lol. I left the shoot discouraged, convinced that I had totally flunked and I was embarrassed that I would have to tell the girls that I wasn't able to give them any images (because like I said...I sucked...I got nothing!) Bummer. Another rough day full of lessons learned the hardway. 

But hallelujah, when I sat down in Photoshop I found a way to save the day...all thanks to a little creative retouching and wonderful plugin called "Alien Skin Exposure 4" I recommend it 100% to anyone who loves playing with fun film-like effects and creating images that have a painterly feel to them.

PS: I probably ate about 500g of cheese last night but it was SO GOOD. A delicious combination is: BREAD + BRIE + MUSTARD + HONEY + WALNET. Stack em up and don't worry about the fact it's going to drip everywhere! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

You are awesome!