Instagram

Monday, March 26, 2012

Blue Sky Bridal — Vintage Picnic Shoot

Introducing...our beautiful bride Cailey & her "mysterious" groom. Three weeks ago {while in Seattle for Melissa & Erik's wedding} I had the chance to squeeze 1 wedding & 5 photo shoots into 1 weekend!! Today I have the joy of sharing with you the images from the 3rd bridal shoot (that's right...we're jumping straight in to #3. Don't worry...we'll come back to 1 & 2 :P). All of these shoots {including the real wedding, in fact!} feature beautiful gowns lent to us by the very lovely & generously ladies at Blue Sky Bridal {in the Greenwood neighborhood of Seattle}. Thank you so much Dani B for hair & make-up!
Have I mentioned recently that my mom is awesome!? She was so excited to get involved with my photo shoots and I was so glad to have her. She helped me so much and now I really appreciate the value of working with assistants and a creative team. It made such a difference — she was full of fun ideas, poses and set decorations. She even stayed up late the night before this shoot collecting as many props as she could find. Like I said...she's amazing!
So what do you think of our handsome mystery groom? His real name is Tim & you'll be seeing him again in the near future. Mysterious, right? lol Check out this gorgeous gown {the long flowy train reminds me of my own wedding dress hehe}.
Wanna know a little secret? Beneath her dress, Cailey was wearing a pair of jeans! It was such a freezing day we were layering it up and in between shots she kept wrapping herself up in a big red ski jacket.
Oooo she has the most beautiful eyes...don't you agree?! We asked Cailey & Tim to read poems to one another from our very classy vintage book of English poetry. If nothing else, this proved to be very entertaining and everyone on set was laughing = big smiles :D
I love the water in the flower vase! I find its shininess captivating :)
Hello eyelashes!... i love you :)
It was a super rainy morning when we started shooting so while it would have been ideal to have their romantic vintage picnic out on the grass we managed to make it work under the covered area. Just from this one shoot I've learned masses! Lots of new lessons learned the hard-way about lighting & posing couples. I've also picked up a few tidbits of wisdom for working with 'less than glamorous' backgrounds. I'm sure I'll get around to sharing this wisdom someday soon. :) Until then, have beautiful days!


Models: Cailey Rauch & Tim Carlisle
Hair & Make-Up: Dani B
Dress: Blue Sky Bridal
Location: Marymoor Park, Redmond, Washington, USA
Special thanks to my wonderful assistant: My Mom! :)




No comments:

Post a Comment

You are awesome!