Instagram

Friday, December 27, 2013

Totally Falling Off the Planet, Dreaming & Branching Out

I have hardly dipped my toes in the blogging pool this month. It's been a nice treat to just fall off the cyber planet for a few weeks, ever since my birthday really. I guess I just needed to disconnect and not feel so chained to the computer everyday. It's been sweet. I've started playing guitar again. I'm reading books and writing stories in my journal. Instead of spending my work energy on blogging, I've been redirecting it towards actual work, like editing photos and developing our business. I've really gone headfirst into a new little branch of my business. I've been testing out the waters of family photography AND videography and I'm loving it. It's so great to have something fresh to work on. Miggy is started to get a little more involved in the business too - at the moment he's fulfilling a very handsome advisory role. It's fantastic having someone to say "yes" or "no" when I'm beating my head against a wall of indecision — that extra input makes it so much easier to move forward past those pesky obstacles.

I've also been thinking a lot about where I'd like to go with my photography. Apart from the fact that we feel like we want to live in 100 different countries (which makes growing a business rather difficult), I still dream of having my own studio. I've done the home studio thing and it was a fabulous start but now I'm ready to move into a commercial space. I think it really makes a difference when it comes to having a professional appearance for clients - just kind of takes it to the next level. I want to use the studio for shooting my women's portraits. I'd also like the studio to have an office space where we can edit and do all admin stuff — I think it's a great idea to have a designated spot for work so we don't have to take it home everyday. We can also use this office space (or use the studio as a meeting space) for the family portraits branch. 

In other news, my brother visited us for a couple days before Christmas. It was SO AWESOME to spend time with him. We fought a lot as kids but we're amigos now - I love having someone who is closer to me than anyone else in this world (genetically) and knowing that we're so similar and share a childhood and so many memories. We had some really great chats and lots of fun holding tropical birds, climbing waterfalls and skipping rocks. Thanks Ian for such a fun wonderful visit. Enjoyed every minute + made lots of memories ;)


No comments:

Post a Comment

You are awesome!