Instagram

Saturday, December 28, 2013

Naomi's Portraits at the Surfboard Wall and Baldwin Beach, Maui

A couple weeks ago my friend Naomi and I went to Baldwin Beach on the north shore of Maui to take pictures of her for her new website. I love photographing fellow photographers - we're all so awkward in front of the camera because we're not used to it and I always find it a fun challenge to make them feel more relaxed. Naomi is a wedding and portrait photographer in Maui and you can visit her blog here: http://naomilevit.com/ I love this surf board wall where we started our shoot. It's just on the side of the Hana Hwy after you've gone through Paia town. So cool! When we arrived at the beach, we decided to explore down a grassy pathway through the trees instead of just jumping into the sand and oh my goodness we're so happy we did because the most gorgeous evening sunshine was pouring through the leaves - I finally get to experience what people mean when they talk about the 'golden hour' - it was more like the 'golden 5 minutes' but that's good enough for me. I loved it! Naomi is so much fun to be around - she has the best laugh, she isn't afraid to make funny faces and she loves being outdoors. We share a love for simple living, pretty wine labels, veggie gardening and the more wild jungle side of Maui. I'm so happy to have met her and to have a new friend on this little island :D Thank you so much Naomi for asking me to take your portraits! It was a delight :D 














No comments:

Post a Comment

You are awesome!