Part 3: Directing Sales Conversations with Probes & Closes
Part 4: Inflating Your Prices to Make Room for Volume Discounts
Part 5: Guerilla Marketing to Increase Sales
Part 6: Your Confidence as a Sales Person
Part 7: Creating an Image that Sells
When you pay big money, you expect big service. People like getting the credit, being the center of attention, being listened to and fussed over. All of this special attention is especially important when money is involved. When people pay for service and don't get what they expect their complaints are louder because they feel the pain in their pocketbooks.
- Remember who's paying the bill and cater to them, what they want to get out of the shoot — their experience is the one that matters most.
- When communicating and organizing the shoot (date, times, details etc...) make sure the bill payer is part of that discussion.
- When you ask what the clients want to do with the photos....make sure the bill payer is part of that discussion. Their answer to this question is most important.
- If you're photographing a group, treat them all like royalty but the bill-payer is the king.
- Make sure all people in the group have equally awesome photos.
- Don't fuss over one person (because they're prettier or you like them better) and ignore others. This will result in feeling being hurt and bad talk behind your business' back.
- Whoever pays the bill will brag about you the most because they've put their money where their mouth is. If the bill payer doesn't appreciate whatever you've done to them, say bye-bye to word-of-mouth referrals.
- Everyone wants to feel special. PEOPLE PAY BIG MONEY TO FEEL SPECIAL. Step up to the plate and deliver — cater to people's basic desire to feel important.
- But don't kiss butts or be a brown-noser. Be genuine.
- Treat people like they are important ... because they are important. They are important #1 because they are a human being with something to offer and #2 because they are supporting your dream of running a business (say thank you with your actions, service & beautiful products.