Instagram

Thursday, December 12, 2013

Karin's Maui Portraits at Lumeria

I met Karin in the parking lot at Lumeria, a gorgeous retreat center in Paia, Maui, where she teaches early morning meditation. She won me over instantly with her happy smile and laid back personality. We sat on the deck beneath a palm tree while I curled her hair and did her makeup. She was telling me stories about how she got into meditation and why she moved to Maui. Walking around the grounds of this gorgeous sanctuary was so peaceful. Everywhere I looked there were beautiful benches, landscaped gardens, hammocks, bamboo hedges, stunning decor inspired by Asian architecture. Karin guided me around and every few feet I would get all excited and have her pose here and there with all the beautiful backdrops. We had so much fun together and I am so grateful to have had this opportunity to explore one of the most beautiful spots in Maui. Thank you so much Karin! and THANK YOU Lumeria!!









I always love throwing in a 'before' photo and some behind the scenes of the action. AND I love putting hair into pin curls. If your hair refuses to hold a curl, try this. It's an amazing trick.




And I would like to extend a HUGE THANK YOU to Lumeria for giving us permission to shoot on their grounds. Just look at this beautiful place....

No comments:

Post a Comment

You are awesome!