Instagram

Friday, May 24, 2013

To Lose Weight or Not To Lose Weight :: My Quest to Keep Everyone Else Comfortable

I'm not the skinny girl and I'm not the fat girl. I'm that girl in the middle who could lose weight if she wanted to, and I'd probably look really good if I did. So technically that makes me a little overweight. I've wanted to lose weight for many years but I never had a reason to NOT lose weight before. I never saw the benefit to staying just as I am. No, I'm not referring to surviving through a famine or having build-in collision pads. I'm worried that if I became a 'skinny' girl then the women I photograph who are overweight would be shy around me. 

Do you know what I mean? I can only speak for myself, but I know I'd feel more comfortable in a bikini if I was surrounded by overweight women. If I were surrounded by skinny girls, good luck getting my clothes off. Just being honest here. I want to feel normal or better ... not worse than everyone else. I bet most people feel this way too. And yes, I realise that this is assuming that being overweight is "worse" = not exactly the most positive attitude.

Anyway, I would love to be leaner for myself but I would never want someone to feel uncomfortable or self-conscious around me in my photography studio. If I'm slightly chubby then overweight women might feel at ease in a non-judgmental environment where we are all just 'real' women. Oh, I don't know. I'm probably just over thinking things but I wanted to share my feelings anyway because I thought maybe someone might have something to say back. Thoughts?

Thank you to Hanna Mazur for hair & makeup. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

You are awesome!