Instagram

Monday, June 17, 2013

Make It Happen | Take Action While Enthusiasm is Still Fresh

Do you ever wake up in the middle of the night with a GENIUS idea but by breakfast that idea suddenly seems kinda dull. Beneath the moon the idea sparkled like it was going to be your big break or change the world. Over pancakes though, it seems like hard work and all the discouraging voices convince you it's not worth it. 

This happens to me ALL the time and I've realized that if I take action RIGHT AWAY. Like start to make it happen right then and there. I'm in my pajamas, retainers on my teeth, nightlight still glowing and I send emails, draft up Word documents, draw brainstorming maps & project outlines. By sunrise the chances of this idea blossoming into reality have skyrocketed! Not all ideas make it, but I bet you anything more of my ideas make it because I  take immediate action. 

You must act while the enthusiasm is still fresh! Enthusiasm will propel you forward and give you the headstart that you need. If you wait, your fears will start to talk you out of it and suddenly that great idea (which really was great) will seem dull, too much work and not worth it. Start to make it happen while that idea is still sparkling! When the tough logistics start to settle in you'll have a strong foundation to sit on while you deal with them.
Has this ever happened to you?
Do you loose enthusiasm for your ideas?
How do you stay excited & make it happen?

No comments:

Post a Comment

You are awesome!