Instagram

Sunday, February 12, 2012

Christa Meola Homework — Assignment 1

This weekend Christa Meola has been teaching a Boudoir workshop on CreativeLive. She makes boudoir photography look awesome and fun but I think when push comes to shove it's not really my thing. I think I may just be a die hard fan of shooting couples in love!!! I guess that makes me a gushy romantic.

I really liked how Christa gave wee homework assignments to everyone. Of course I couldn't help but do them - they were actually really fun! The ones I liked most were designed to help you identify your personal style and discover your brand. If you've been reading my blog recently you'll know that I've been struggling with precisely this.

I definitely recommend these little assignments to everyone regardless of whether or not you're starting a business, running a successful one or you're completely business free. Here are my results for assignment one.


1) Describe yourself in 5 words. Focus on your top 5 strongest personality traits. Ask close friends and family to do it for you as well. Look for overlapping words. These repeated words are especially dominate trais. 

I asked Miggy, my parents and my brother to describe me and then I tried to describe myself.


Miggy's Words for Me:
Lovely
Quirky
Creative
Bubbly
Caring


My Parent's & Brother's Words for Me 
(I don't know which is which - they emailed them in a bundle. One of them listed more than five. None of these three groups sounds like my brother so I'm super curious as to which one he wrote lol):

thoughtful
reflective
considerate
creative
huggable

imaginative
effervescent
flexible
adaptable
resourceful

bubbly
spontaneous
passionate
out going
creative
sensitive
humble
magnetic

My Words for Myself:
Bubbly
Enthusiastic
Passionate
Creative
Caring


Overlapping Words
Bubbly 
Creative 
Passionate
Caring

I still need a 5th word. I'll ask someone else and get back to you :)
Now I'm off to use these words as inspiration for my branding!

Have fun describing yourself!
xoxo








1 comment:

  1. Hello,

    I was just reading your blog and your mention of branding in this post made me think of this...

    http://shopredvelvet.com/collections/e-course/products/dream-job-e-course

    I'm halfway through one of their online sewing courses and it's fab amd very user friendly. There are probably bits in this course that aren't as relevant to the world of photography but it sounded like the branding and business development bits might be of interest? Just a thought really.

    I hope you're having a very Happy Valentine's day!

    ReplyDelete

You are awesome!