Instagram

Wednesday, March 6, 2013

This Crazy Little Universe — Write Down Your Goals & They'll Come True!

"If you build it, they will come."
You know that one. What about this one...
"If you share it, it will happen." or maybe "If you release it, it was come back to you (but fo real!)."

You see, when you put a wish or desire out there into the universe; write it down, share it with a friend over a cup of tea, or declare it online in your brand new awesome Podcast (www.thephotochicks.com) ha! the universe has this funny little way of taking your words and making them a reality. It doesn't always happen but I'm continually amazed by how often it does. Universe? God? Godde? Gods? Self? Subconcious? Let's not go into the logisitics. The point is...share and you shall receive!

Over the last couple months I've been thinking to myself that I would really like to start teaching yoga again. Over the last couple weeks I've been whispering to myself that I would like to teach yoga at the studio where I take classes (shout out: Balance Yoga Studio in Woodinville, WA). 

On top of that, this week I was seriously entertaining the idea of getting a mini side job that would bring in some extra play money for the weeks when I'm not seeing photography clients. I wasn't interested in a job that would take up lots of time and energy and as that's virtually every job out there, I gave up. Even just 1 day a week would be too much time away from my photography / free time. I don't NEED to get that extra job so I just left the idea alone. 

That brings us to today....this morning, I went to the gym. The plan was to leave the gym at 9:15 so I could make it to yoga by 9:45. Of course, I wriggled around on the floor (stretching) for 10 minutes too long which caused me to miss the yoga class (totally intentional — serious excuse making and avoidance issues going on in my head). I sat in my car and gave myself a little pep talk — "Chamonix, you seriously need to find a new strategy. Whatever you're doing right now, isn't working. You really do want to go to yoga classes so find a new way to motivate yourself to go."

I wasn't home for more than 30 minutes before my phone buzzed and Amanda asked me to join her for yoga at noon. Ugh. I guess it was a sign. So I went to yoga and had a wonderful experience (it never fails me). After class, the teacher came up to me and asked me if I have ever considered teaching yoga and if I would consider teaching at this studio. Manifestation!!! Boom! I'm seeing new motivation to practice more yoga AND a mini job that's not only not taking away from my life but actually contributing to it and improving the quality of my life!

No such thing as coincidences? Whose to say but this isn't the first time I've felt like the universe was giving me a great big hug.

Here's your lesson for the day.
Stop telling yourelf it's stupid, embarrassing, pointless or a waste of time. Grab a piece of paper and write down your dreams and goals....every day, week or month. The biggest dream, even if written on the tiniest piece of paper, can come true!

No comments:

Post a Comment

You are awesome!