Instagram

Monday, December 31, 2012

Reflecting Back on 2012 + Goals for 2013!

I began the year as a wedding photographer...
Thanks to the frosty Edinburgh winter, my fingers nearly froze to my camera during my first ever engagement session.
Then, I flew home to Seattle to shoot my very first full wedding.
With butterflies in my tummy, I captured a proposal on Swilcan Bridge in St. Andrews!
I shot a wedding at Fettes College — where James Bond went to school! ;)
I partied with Scottish farmers in handsome kilts in the Highlands!
I pulled double-duty & became a photographer/bridesmaid in 2 weddings.
and I experienced tropical sunlight (the real golden good stuff) for the first time in Hawaii!

I want to send a mahooousive HUG and 'thank you' to every couple that invited me to their wedding this year. I have loved becoming your friend, meeting your families and being goofy with you on your wedding day. Thank you for making it possible for me to do what I love and giving me the opportunity to create special artwork for you that will be a part of your family for generations. :)


And then life got glamorous....
Half way through 2012, I was introduced to glamour photography by Sue Bryce via creativeLIVE. 
I was an instant convert & I joined her "worldwide glamour revolution"! 
I learned basic hair & make-up skills, started playing with reflectors, & moved to Seattle to start my studio. 

From June - Dec, I photographed 40 women.
Each of their faces makes me smile because I remember each woman's story & why she came to be photographed by me. And in their own way, they each encouraged me as I stumbled and panicked my way through this early and very fun stage of my glamour adventure. 



Looking Forward to 2013...
1) Create a Flow Posing Guide by Jan 31st
2) Have Photographed 100 Women by Feb 28th — I'm feeling ambitious! 
3) Post at least 1 Video on YouTube per month.
4) Start Synchronizing Marketing Campaigns with Holidays & Seasons
5) Photograph 5 Women from Every Age Decade 
Teens, 20's, 30's, 40's, 50's, 60's, 70's, 80's, 90's etc...

I've got such a crazy long list of photography goals but I'm going to keep them secreto for now 
& then unveil them with a big exciting BANG later! ;)

I hope you have a New Years Eve full of fun dancing & singing!
See you in the New Year!