Instagram

Tuesday, August 21, 2012

"You Park LIke an Ass" Note




"You park like an ass." 
Not exactly the lovely note you'd like to find on your car. Fair enough...I did a crappy parking job but in my defence... I was driving my grandma's massive Cadillac that has the turning radius of a blue whale. I'd thought I'd done a good enough job in that parking lot but some stranger felt differently and made sure I knew it. He'd written it on masking tape and stuck it to the trunk. What a loser thing to do.

Luckily, I was returning to my car after a fabulous date with my new photographer friend Cheryl Ford of Cheryl Ford Photography. We met at Starbucks, strolled through Molbaks and visited the Party Store (all while chatting about the wonderful world of running your own photography business — it's so nice to have someone to talk to who's in the same boat...finally). I was in a good mood so the nasty little note didn't phase me too badly but just imagine... if I'd been having a really bad day, that note could have been the last straw.

What compels people to be such jerks?! If they really wanted to speak their mind, they could have written, "I realise you're driving a big car but I'd really appreciate it if you could please park more carefully next time. Although I'm sure you had no intention of doing so, you seem to have taken up two parking spaces and it was difficult for me to park my car. I just wanted to let you know so you could be extra careful in the future. Thanks. Have a lovely day." What's so hard about that, eh?? Just be nice people! Honestly.

Anyway, I have a new photographer friend and I really like her :D I'm so excited to start working with her this fall!


"

No comments:

Post a Comment

You are awesome!