Instagram

Sunday, August 26, 2012

Marvellous Monday :: Three Good Things

"Three good things," said Mom. "You have to think of three good things that have come from this seemingly bad situation." 

This is how we deal with things and grow from them. It's too easy to focus on the negative, all the annoying, frustrating, sad and discouraging things. Those are all obvious. They're jumping and screaming in your face. Instead, turn your attention to the three positive things and suddenly the world becomes a brighter place. It may not solve the problem but it certainly lessons your suffering by offering a light at the end of a dark tunnel. If you struggle to think of the positive it never fails to close your eyes and imagine beautiful umbrellas dancing happily above the ancient streets of Portugal, wouldn't you agree?....

Apparently my mom was ill for the entire year after I was born. In the car this afternoon she told me how terrible it was. So I smiled to myself and asked her to list her 3 positives. This was her answer...

"1. I know that when I feel sick (unless it's terminal) I always get better. 
2. I developed compassion and sympathy for women who experience mourning sickness.
3. It didn't inhibit my ability to take care of and love you."


[Águeda, Portugal by photographer Patrícia Almeida.]

I've been in Seattle for the past 3 weeks and I'm starting to really miss Miggy who is still back in Scotland. Three positives...

1. I get to see him in 3 days!!
2. Absence makes the heart grow fonder.
3. I realised how important it is to have "me time". I feel all rejuvenated and I have more to offer him when I see him.


Festival of Colors (previously) at Spanish Fork, Utah


[Paris-based photographer Cath Schneider]
[Brazilian photographer Mariane Borgomani]

Artist is Unknown — This Street Art Can be found in Birmingham, UK

So whatever challenged you encounter today, think of 3 good things about it...the world becomes a brighter place and your Monday can be more Marvellous!! 

*Yes I spell marvelous with two L's. I like it better that way.

No comments:

Post a Comment

You are awesome!